Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A "Brief" Briefing

This morning, I was able to feed Juliet a bottle! The nurses have been giving her bottles for about a week, but this was my first time. I was a little nervous, but she did pretty well. It's still only a teaspoon, but at least she is practicing.

Her eye exam was good yesterday. Her eyes have improved and the opthamologist gave her the OK for surgery on Monday. She is on the OR schedule for 9:45am. Tomorrow, she will go to Radiology for some contrast studies. Basically, they will put contrast medium into the section of intestine that hasn't been used for the last 8 weeks and determine how it is working. This will give the surgeon an idea of what to expect on Monday. This surgery couldn't come soon enough. Her ostomy bag is frequently leaking and causing some skin breakdown. We need to get rid of this ostomy!

You all came through with Juliet's last surgeries. Please pray and send positive thoughts that this surgery will be a success and she will no longer need an ostomy. We all want her to be a big, healthy girl and to be able to come home SOON!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update the other day when I called. Sorry I didn't check the blog first. I could have saved you a few breaths! Sounds like the roller coaster ride is still going. I hope all straightens out soon for you all. Juliet has been through a lot. She is a tough cookie. She will pull through this too. We will be praying for her, that she will recover from the infection very soon and can have the last surgery. Hang in there. Things will get better. Thanks for taking the time out of your day to talk with me on the phone. I know you are busy and probably exhausted too.
    Love you all. Take care.

    ReplyDelete